Check out Act 176!!!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR GREAT UPDATES AND INFORMATION
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Rick Russell from WILegalBlank was our speaker at our Aug meeting and shared a
packet of new & revised forms with each of us. I’m listing the forms he brought
and some of the revisions:
1. The Residential Rental Agreement (lines 119-122) includes a listing of dangerous items
not allowed on the property such as air, pellet or BB guns, fireworks, pools, trampolines,
space heaters, etc.
2. Rules and Regulations include the above items and things like lacquer, paint thinner,
kerosene and other items that are flammable.
3. 5-day Notice to Vacate for Criminal Activity or Drug-Related Criminal Activity
4. 5-day Notice to Vacate for Imminent Threat of Serious Physical Harm (new form)
5. Request for a Reasonable Accommodation
6. Verification of Need for a Reasonable Accommodation
8. Smoking Policy Addendum-Addendum to Residential Rental Agreement
9. Applicant Screening Criteria-if you haven’t written your own criteria yet this will help
you screen for the critical items
10. BED BUG ADDENDUM- this form requires the landlord to inspect the unit before the
new tenant moves in. How does one do that if they don’t know what to look for??? We
suggest that you do some research to find out what to inspect for or else have Barry
from 1st American Pest Control (one of our Associate Members) come in and do it for
you. If you don’t do that how can u honestly say that you aren’t aware of the presence
of bed bugs?
Have ideas for speakers or topics for 2016 Meetings?? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will bring the ideas to the Board Meetings.
We also have speakers, hold seminars and have training to keep up with the Law and any changes.
**New properties are continually listed on our site by our members. Check out the listings today! https://www.facebook.com/janesvillearearentalpropertyassociation/ Visit our News Page for Community Events and Helpful Websites :)